Communications Manager on the Client Side, Finance Sector | Singapore | Salary up to SGD 120k Annually max
This position has been filled. Interested in similar roles? Apply for more information.Available jobs
- Do you come from a strong Communications and PR background?
- With years of exposure to financial industries within Singapore
- Are you ready to move to a highly innovative company and on the client side?
- Are you both competent and confident in managing internal and external relations, key media and other stakeholders?
- Have you always been innovative and challenging the status quo?
Then this might be the right opportunity for you!
Company: Taking Singapore market by storm, a growth from nothing to 150 people and counting in just about 3 years
This company is a startup. They started in Hong Kong initially, then branched out to Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Macau, Japan, Vietnam and Thailand. They have been rigorously setting the pace for fresh customer experiences and easy-to-understand solutions supported by digital technologies.
The role – Communications Manager
As a Communications Manager, it is expected that you had years of built experience managing reputations of brands, a huge plus factor if within the finance industry. Having said so, you have the business acumen to create content and communications materials out from discussions across various stakeholders and vice versa in the form of coaching them in facing the media. Ideally, you have done this as part of a PR agency previously. You will be central to the company, be the voice of the brand which you will embrace and take full ownership due to its great work and the mission is already a part of everyone’s way of life.
Be ready to self-manage and be an individual contributor reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer of the whole organization. The opportunities for growth and transitions for you are based on your own ability and readiness to take on the next challenge. You will be provided training in all areas all throughout your tenure. Your value will keep increasing along with the company.
Be part of a company that does disruptive things in the market, as you will not be told what and how things are done. You will take part in defining the better way to it all. Because you are the expert on this side of the business, but you will also be lead by a CMO with specialization in this area.
- Drive strategic communications and media strategy aligned with the company’s business plans, product and innovation initiatives, and core communication objectives, with a view to achieving positive coverage.
- Proactively engage media and build key media relationships.
- Devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of journalists' interests.
- Develop written materials, including story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, Q&As, presentations and speeches.
- Manage internal communications initiatives across the organization including desk drops, emails, posters internal events (leadership team to staff presentations), and postage / signage.
- Train and provide advice to company representatives for press conferences, media interviews and trade presentations
- Manage events / experiential marketing initiatives, and contribute to social media management and content generation.
- Developed close, productive relationships with journalists, social influencers bloggers, product reviewers and key partners in Singapore.
- Positive feedback from relevant stakeholders and departments.
- Building brand awareness, consideration, and customer acquisition metrics.
- Engagement of staff / belief internally of the company and what it stands for.
External & Internal Contacts
- Journalists, media channels, senior stakeholders, department heads.
- Agencies, vendors, partners, clients.
- Internally across the organisation, with particular emphasis on the senior leadership group, and group communications colleagues
- Strictly 7+ years communications experience.
- Degree level education required.
- Experienced in handling third parties and working with other organisations to deliver excellent outcomes.
- Experienced in managing communications, both internally and externally.
- Reputation Management.
- Social Media.
- Blogs / Content / Engagement.
- Strong leadership and negotiation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Reasoning capabilities – creative and lateral thinking with problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
What they offer:
- Work closely with a great boss, energetic management team, fully supportive departments
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Variable pay depending on performance, and based on annual salary
- Be part of a company that has the full capacity to be open minded and equipped to innovate, strongly networked, high quality approach to results, top business acumen, known for excellent outcomes, commercially minded, and overall creative
- Embrace and enjoy an outstanding environment that encourages innovation
- Be part of a company culture that invites excellence in all aspect, professional, personal level
- Be in a space that will enable you to do great work alongside the balanced-minded people who go all out in everything they do, it is definitely contagious!