Data Engineer for an International Media Group | Big Data, Cloud Infrastructure | SQL, Python, AWS, Hadoop | Salary up to SGD 10k per month
- Are you someone who spent at least three years of your career in data and analytics?
- Are you tech-savvy and someone who’s willing to take new challenges?
- Are you looking to work with innovative, collaborative, dependable and passionate people?
- Are you someone with the right balance of tech and analytics – can do coding but can also solve business pain points through the use of data?
Sounding like something you have been waiting for? Then read on, this is for you!
Your new employer: A media group that aspires to inspire, innovate, and drive culture forward!
Your new employer humbly started its passion project, a sneakers website, back in 2005 and evolved to a publicly listed media company in 2016. Having the drive to create a lifestyle universe to uncover the emerging trends in fashion and culture, the company expanded into three major divisions – Digital Media, Creative Agency, and E-Commerce retail store. Being an international company, your new employer has 300+ employees across APAC, USA, and Europe’s major cities, with physical offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, London, New York, and LA.
Their flagship platform boasts the latest trends in fashion, art, design, and culture. They are the leading online destination for men’s contemporary fashion and streetwear and so they made the platform to be available in 6 languages and has a wide readership across 10+ countries.
The company’s core motivation of educating a global, influential audience in the context of fashion, arts, design, and music has been drive by a team of passionate and dedicated tech-savvy people who are in constant pursuit of self-improvement and building the company together.
The Role: Data Engineer
Due to the continuous hyper growth of the company, they need you right now! As the Data Engineer, you will work together with the Head of Analytics to build the cloud infrastructure of the company. You will have the opportunity to build, provide solutions and actionable recommendations with the technological know-how and implementation – focusing on web and customer analytics.
- Define analytical questions & approaches based on business requirements/direction
- Design, implement, and maintain data governance, dictionaries, and models
- Identify, define, and compile disparate data sources (local, cloud, 3rd party) for ingestion in data pipelines
- Design and build a reliable, scalable, and secure data pipeline (cloud) to ingest, transform, and push datasets to stakeholders
- Collaborate with Data Analyst to generate actionable insights based on your soon-to-be intimate understanding of our data
- Collaborate with development team to build data products (e.g. personalization, recommendation system)
What’s needed from you?
- Expertise in building data pipelines for more than 3 years
- Proficient in SQL and at least one scripting language, preferably in Python or R, to clean, transform, and denormalise datasets
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP) and containerization
- Experience in using shell scripting, big data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka), relational databases (e.g. BigQuery, Redshift) and data lakes (e.g. Google Buckets).
- Dealt with machine learning projects
- Knowledge in web and customer analytics
Questions about this job?
Team Leader & Recruitment Consultant Senior Digital