Impact-driven Entrepreneurship | Head of SEO - APAC | Salary up to SGD 120k per year
This position has been filled. Interested in similar roles? Apply for more information.Available jobs
- Are you an experienced and accomplished SEO professional with a successful track record of driving Organic Search in an internet-based brand?
- Have you established yourself as a high-impact individual, leading SEO best practices and teams across the Asian region?
- Have your implementations and targeted strategies been proven to be consistently delivering a successful performance?
- Would you like to be a part of an entrepreneurial team who directly and indirectly affects the business at large?
Read on, it might be you or a friend who deserves the big break in their career!
Company: Exponentially Growing Marketplace.
An online marketplace with presence across 190 countries, operating in 50 websites, optimized in several languages. This company has been around for over 2 decades, offering great listings for vacation marketplace.
Two years after being founded, they won funding that enabled them to expand globally. After 5 years, the Wall Street Journal named them as one of the top 10 venture funded companies. And now with their Singapore office being the hub for Asia, they are currently growing their team further.
With the recent acquisition by one of the strongest and biggest travel companies in the world, this company is geared towards providing the opportunity to create even more robust experiences for shared traveler audience globally.
The Role; Head of SEO, APAC:
- Be proactive in content, link building and product planning and liaise with the rest of the marketing team to ensure consistency and synergy between site merchandising/landing pages and SEO activity. Manage on-page and off-page optimisation, using data to drive and support decisions
- Be a proficient English speaker with deep knowledge of the market, with fluency in another Asian language an advantage.
- Conduct keyword research and selection via scientific and competitive methods.
- Lead and manage content idea generation, production, and plan syndication and publishing
- Definition of metadata, structure, markups, and effective copywriting of snippets.
- Link-building program definition and management that complies with search engine guidelines.
- Provide regular quantitative and qualitative reporting to monitor and optimise performance as well as pre-empt any performance decline and act on, and communicate, performance issues swiftly.
- Manage competitive presence use web-ranking reports to constantly check and drive the company’s positioning, regularly monitor competitors’ performance and activities, and benchmark and drive their company against these.
- Keep up with knowledge on SEO tactics with a view to bring effective & measurable improvements.
- Manage external freelancers and agencies where applicable to ensure delivery of Services in a quality and results-driven manner.
- Be an active contributor to the global SEO Group via pro-active sharing of best practices and representation of the Asian region.
- 5-8 years of direct hands-on experience in defining, delivering and optimising SEO initiatives in a corporate environment (client or agency side).
- Proven track record in successfully delivering against objectives, gaining coverage and improving SEO rankings.
- Extensive knowledge of the search engine landscape, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies across Asia.
- Experience in managing freelancers and agencies.
- Expertise in using standard tools such as Google Analytics, Web-ranking tools and acting on findings appropriately.
- Able to perform complete onsite and offsite SEO audit of the site to find improvement points
- Experience in using CMS systems and some understanding of technical languages (e.g. XHTML, HTML, XML, CSS, SQL).
- Educated to at least degree level.
- First class execution skills.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Technical knowledge to recollect proper requirements for Developers
- Team player with a positive attitude and commercial focus.
- Be able to work independently and keep track of deliverables on a constant basis.
- Clear and confident communicator able to build and manage positive relationships.
- Successful at managing multiple priorities in a fast-pace environment, with a flexible approach and excellent communication skills.
- Pro-active outlook, with a strong ‘can do’ attitude – attention to details.
- Experience of working in the classified, travel, online marketplace or retail sectors preferred but not essential.
What they offer:
- Yearly salary up to SGD 120k Max
- Be a part of a global-like office with colleagues from different parts of the world
- Work in a cozy and homey office, structure with woods and glasses, with access to a fun and whiskey section
- Work with colleagues who are family-oriented and very inclusive, valuing collaborative learning
- Stock options
- Live within the industry and take ownership of the result of your innovations