Cloud Data Engineer | Fashion | Annual gross salary €64,8K | Amsterdam
This position has been filled. Interested in similar roles? Apply for more information.Available jobs
Vacancy: Cloud Data Engineer | Amsterdam
- Do you want to ensure that fellow data specialists receive the right amounts of data and participate in the transition to a fully data-driven business?
- Do you want to be the unmissable link between the Data Cloud Warehouse and the entire organization?
- Do you want to use your knowledge in Cloud Engineering to set up the entire data architecture according to your wishes?
- And do you prefer to work in a Data Team where development, trust and full responsibility are number 1?
Yes? Then read on, this is for you!
Your new employer: Fast-growing fashion retailer | Amsterdam
This organization has been in the business for quite some time, for almost 150 years! Started as a family business with only physical stores, the company has now grown into an indispensable player in the e-commerce market. The online web shop has a wide range and currently reaches more than six countries, but in view of the current situation, this can only be expanded further in the upcoming period of time!
Characteristic of your new employer is that the owners are not afraid to invest in the company, which has led them to be one of the first e-commerce players. They started in the year that iDEAL entered the Dutch market and that even Zalando didn't even exist yet! Where this organization started with one webshop, it has now grown into a 7-lingual platform with which customers worldwide can place orders and there is even an app available.
This organization is growing very fast, a second office has recently been opened in Amsterdam, new stores are still being opened throughout the Netherlands, the range has been expanded even further since September and they have hired 80+ new colleagues last month! To continue this growth, they are looking for more specialists to join the company, because the goal is to double the current turnover by 2022. Do you also want to become part of this? Then read on!
Your new team, the Data team, currently consists of a BI developer, Data Quality Specialist and Data Scientist. Under the guidance of the team lead, they are currently working together on one clear and beautiful goal: building the right data structure to make the entire company work data-driven and thus prepare for a future with AI deployment!
Your new job: Cloud Data Engineer
Your new employer has a large IT department, which currently involves a lot of system management for the offline processes. The current system administrator now handles a large part of the data prep, but because the local data warehouse will be moved to the cloud, they need your experience! No worries, you do not have to do this entirely on your own – together with the Data Lead and an external party, it is up to you to ensure that the cloud integration runs smoothly. What makes this challenge extra cool is that it also allows you to think along about the data architecture, who wouldn't want that?!
When the migration is complete (read: onboarding still in progress and of course getting rid of all kinds of teething problems) you can get started with various interesting projects. For example, you and the Data Scientist may look into which new data needs to be accessed from the Salesforce Cloud and you ensure the correct prioritization of the prepping of the different data sets. As a Cloud Data Engineer you are there to set up the data processes as well and efficiently as possible. Easy to say: you try to solve complex issues (together with the team) as easily as possible!
Your new employer has to deal with millions of yearly transactions from repeat customers. This creates an enormous amount of data and makes the Cloud Data Engineer position even more challenging! You are the supporting link that provides fellow data specialists with the right data flows. If marketing asks for more in-depth information from a particular customer group, you and the BI Developer will look at where the data should come from. In the Data Warehouse you set up an ETL between the different databases on the basis of a Query.
Entrepreneurship, proactivity and personal development are important to this organisation. If you as a specialist (or even as a person) do not want to develop yourself, this is probably not the place for you. The flexible working hours are an example of this. In order to achieve more efficiency and better performance, you can choose your own working hours, are you looking for an employer who is completely confident in your best abilities? Then this is a place for you!
Is this your next career step?
What do you need for it?
As the new Cloud Data Engineer we need from you:
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as a Data Engineer
- Proper English skills = MUST!
- Experience with Python and SQL = MUST
- Cloud experience = MUST! – Google Cloud Stack is used here, but experience with Azure or AWS is also possible!
- Pre: Kubernetes, Airflow, BigQuery, VMs and Cloud Storage in the Google stack
- Pro-activity, data-driven and communicative skills
What will you get in return?
- Salary up to €64.8K gross per year, depending on your experience
- Company that is partner of IND (preference for candidates already living in the Netherlands)
- Hybrid way of working, 50/50
- Flexibility in working hours
- Space to continue to develop yourself, think of an academy with training and education
- 20% discount on the entire collection
- Travel expenses and pension allowance
- Group health insurance
- Not 1, but two beautiful offices where everything is well organized (boot camps, lunch and Friday afternoon drinks)
Is this going to be your next job?
Apply now via the application button or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. More Data jobs in Amsterdam? Check: https://finestpeople.com/en/jobs/data-analyst/