Senior Data Engineer | A-Player in the middle of a data-driven digital transition! | Contribute to capturing beautiful moments worldwide | Build the data framework and set up the data management strategy! | Salary up to €76.9K per year | Amsterdam South
This position has been filled. Interested in similar roles? Apply for more information.Available jobs
DISCLAIMER: ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE CURRENTLY LIVING IN EUROPE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS VACANCY!
The vacancy: Senior Data Engineer in Amsterdam-Zuid
- Do you want to get started with loads of data to link the right data flows + data sets with each other and so create valuable insights to take the success of this A-brand to an even higher level?
- Do you want to develop your stakeholder management in a large international environment?
- Do you want complete freedom and responsibility to determine the data strategy and compliance of all European countries in which this organization is active?
- Do you want to further expand the foundation set up by an external party, together with your team?
- And do you want to continue to develop yourself to grow into the position of Head of Data?
Yes? Sounds interesting? Then read on, this is for you!
Your new employer: an A-Player who is in the middle of a 'data-driven' digital transition!
This A-player has been around for more than 100 years and is known worldwide. The company markets various products, but the most important is the product that allows people worldwide to capture the most beautiful moments in their lives. With a wealth of data, millions of sales per year and a tight e-commerce department, now is the time to focus on data. In recent years, your new employer has increasingly focused on the niche market instead of the large mainstream commerce. Due to this new focus, they voluntarily obtain a huge amount of data from their consumers and with your arrival even more can be done with it!
Since this organization operates worldwide, it was initially 'every country for itself' when we talk about business operations, sales and data. As one of the first steps towards the digital transformation, all those local branches have been combined into one point in Europe… Amsterdam-South! Since the beginning of this year, an external data party has worked extremely hard to centralize all data flows from those different countries into one data warehouse. As a Senior Data Engineer it is up to you to set up and implement the data strategy and management. There are great opportunities, a new website, data-drivenness within the organization and ultimately the goal to fully focus on personalization through data!
You will be working in an international enterprise, so your experience in such an environment with smoothly running processes and ambitious people will come in handy! Not yet the greatest experience in stakeholder management? No worries, in this multidisciplinary team of colleagues with a lot of experience within this company there is enough room to make big steps in this. Are you looking for a place where you can make big strides in technical data and where you can grow into Head of Data? Then this is for you!
Your new job: Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer you are the first of your kind, together with the Manager Digital Marketing and Data Architect there is a lot of room to implement change. With that new data-driven vision you are on the eve of enormous success. You are in the lead when it comes to setting up the right data approach and together with your team you ensure that this becomes successful and grows. Because you are dealing with different countries in Europe, it is up to you to be fully up to date with the GDPR rules in the field of data, both on the website and on the data of the entire organization.
The nice thing about this opportunity is that in this multinational environment you will still work in a small, international multidisciplinary team, because in addition to your data team there are 15+ colleagues who are involved in digital marketing. As a Senior Data Engineer you are responsible for the data architecture, data management of all flows from Europe, you optimize the data warehouse and framework and you can therefore set up the right analytics infrastructures. First, of course, a few things must be built, with the right linking of data flows and a good understanding of the data landscape within this company.
Within your new role there is an enormous amount of possibilities, that is where your clear vision and stakeholder management come in handy. Do you know how to set up the right business case and get the right people involved? Then there is literally an immense data world at your feet: think of 100+ different databases, millions of data records and separate web and e-commerce data!
Are your hands itching to take responsibility for data migrations, to find out exactly what the data landscape looks like and to further expand the data framework? Then this could just be your dream job!
Are you ready for this next step in your career?
As a Senior Data Engineer we need from you:
- +3 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Preferably a technical study background: Computer Science, Mathematics, Software development etc.
- Extensive knowledge of: SQL, Phyton and BigQuery
- You are also familiar with APIs and Cloud solutions, and no, those are not those in a zoo or anything in the air..
- You are good at stakeholder management, that data driven way of working (unfortunately) does not come naturally
- Experience in an international enterprise will be an advantage for you!
- You dare to make choices and implement change
- You speak English or Dutch
What do you get in return?
- A salary up to €76.9K OTE gross per year, based on your experience
- The opportunity to grow into the position of Head of Data
- 37.5 hour work week!
- Good secondary employment conditions:
- Fully covered pension
- Laptop and phone
- Group health insurance
- Work from home allowance
- Discount on all products
- Working at an A-Player with a lot of freedom
- Contributing to a digital transition
- Super international working environment
Want to know more? Call 020-8200676, mail email@example.com OR apply via the button on the right! For more data vacancies: finestpeople.com/en/jobs
NOTE: applications to this vacancy will be revised in the week of 10 october!